We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Blanket Babylon

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Blanket Babylon

Is it really a "must see"? I am new to the area and have a friend visiting from Texas... should I take her? If so - where is the best place to sit? Thanks for any advice.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon

Yes, yes, yes! Sit anywhere! It is a tiny, tiny club with caberet tables. Of course, if you can afford the best up front they are the most fun and most room. But take anything you can get. You will laugh until your stomach hurts. This show has run for almost 3 decades and changes the jokes and puns annually to refresh it, but the best singers are always there and the old jokes are usually there and the wigs. WIGS. Well, I cannot describe it. It is unique and a very San Francisco treat. If you are new to the area you simply must see it. Have fun!

los angeles,ca
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon

I saw BBB last August and it was hysterically funny!! I highly recommend this show, lots of fun, and great restaurants in the vicinity for a late dinner or drink.

Houston, TX
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon

YES YES YES

We went in Dec 04 and it was fabulous. Since we were so late in getting tickets all I could get were the cheap seats in the upper balcony - it didn't matter as we could see everything. I'm glad we saved some money on tickets and had a nice meal before. It is first come, first seated for each section....we sat at the bar across the street until the line outside was gone.

Have fun!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon

I agree. I've sat just about everywhere and prefer the cheap seats on the floor. If you get there early, you will be seated in the best seats of the worst section-right behing the best floor seats. Buy tickets now, they sell out fast.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon

Would this be appropriate for a 15 year old?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon

Minors are only allowed on Sunday afternoon show-so they tone it down then. But yes, if you can get tix for a Sunday, definitely take the 15 year old. It is fun!