We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for all the great tips!

Avondale, Arizona
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks for all the great tips!

My daughter and I just returned from a week-long trip to San Francisco, where we were apartment-hunting for her. (She's starting a new job in the Financial District, March 1.) We looked at a few places, but she took the first one we looked at, in Noe Valley, with a view straight out of a postcard. A Muni streetcar stops right across the street from the apartment, so her rides to and from work each day will be really convenient.

We had plenty of time and perfect weather for sightseeing -- Fisherman's Wharf; Alcatraz at night; biking over the Golden Gate and ferrying back from Sausalito; a really fun day in wine country; and even a trip with a local acquaintance to Muir Woods and out to Reyes Point to see the lighthouse and elephant seals. We got pretty handy at getting around on BART and Muni, too.

As recommended on this forum, we ate at Midjools in the Mission, which was nice. The rooftop was closed to diners because it was too chilly, but they let us go up and gaze at the view. Also had a nice, relaxing lunch by the window at McCormick and Kuletos (and a sundae at Ghirardelli's, course). We met some friends for dinner at "Home" Restaurant, 2032 Union St. between Buchanan & Webster Streets, and the food was excellent. Each of the six of us ordered something different and shared bites, and all of the entrees, appetizers and desserts we tried were soooo good. I believe there's also a location on Market St.

Thanks to all who posted to my questions with such helpful advice. We enjoyed our trip immensely!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for all the great tips!

That's great news. Now you have a place to stay! You'll have to come back and discover a whole lot more. See you soon, no doubt.

Avondale, Arizona
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for all the great tips!

You are correct, girasol. I can't wait to come out for my next visit!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks for all the great tips!

Well done! And Noe Valley is a great neighborhood.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks for all the great tips!

Congratulations to you and your daughter on the successful apartment hunting...it can be quite the challenge in SF. Noe Valley is a great place to live.

Thanks for the trip report...it's always good to hear when visitors (and new transplants) have a wonderful time in the City.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks for all the great tips!

Noe Valley is a wonderful neighborhood. She's going to love it. Glad to hear it went so well.