We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours in San Francisco

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rock Hill, SC
Level Contributor
59 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tours in San Francisco

My husband and I just returned from San Francisco. We stayed 4 nights and the Tuscan Inn. It is in a very good location. We did several tours there. The first day we did a city tour with California Jeep Tours. It was only $51 per person and it was just the two of us and Paul, our guide, for 3 hours. He took us all around and even into neighborhoods that the big buses are not allowed. We also took two tours with The Great Pacific Tour Company. The tours are on a 14 passenger minivan. One day we did the Carmel/Monterey/17 Mile Drive ( Peeble Beach). Lunch was included. It was a long day, but the scenary is beautiful. We also did the Muir woods/Sausilito Tour with them. It is a 4 hour tour. We did Alcatraz on our own. I got tickets over the internet about a week in advance because they sell out quick! We also did a tour of the ball park. The Giants were playing the Dodgers that night and we got to peak inside the visitor's locker room. It was a neat tour and only $10 per person.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours in San Francisco

Hi,

My friend and I are traveling to SF next month. How did you sign up for these tours? Sounds like a good deal to us. Thanks for your help. This is our first time to SF.

los angeles,ca
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours in San Francisco

There is a ton of information on the internet. You can also book the tours online. San Francisco is such a beautiful city with a lot to see and do. Really do some research and plan your trip well in advance, so you won't be overwhelmed when you arrive. DO NOT rent a car, sice parking is very expensive. San Francisco has great public transportation,but if you want to venture out of the City, you can rent one for the day. Go to SanFrancisco.com for info, or the San Francisco visitors bureau.

Germany
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours in San Francisco

Where did you book the tour of the ball park for $10?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours in San Francisco

9/17-10/17,

To tour the ballpark, just go to the Giants Dugout Store, located at the ballpark, on a day the Giants are out of town, and just ask to buy a ticket for a ballpark tour. The ticket costs $10. I'm not sure what the exact times are, but if you want to know, give the Giants a call at (415) 972-2000.

Bartlett TN
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours in San Francisco

CrashD,

We are traveling to San Francisco and will be staying at the Tuscan Inn in just 8 days!! How were the accommodations at Tuscan Inn? The California Jeep Tours sounds interesting. I have only booked a night tour of Alcatraz and also a Muir Woods/Wine Country (Sonoma) combination with Incredible Adventures. Planning on renting car for day trip to Montery/Carmel and also renting bikes from Blazing Saddles for ride across bridge to Sausilito. Did you do the bridge? Any restaurants that you would recommend?

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours in San Francisco

It'sn probably hard to call from Germany. Here isa link for you about Giant SBC Park tours:

…mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/sf/ballpark/tours.jsp

Germany
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours in San Francisco

Thanks for the link. My english isnt that perfect for speak on the phone.

Further I will book a

- City Tour (3.5 h) + Alcatraz at Grayline Tours

- Night City Tour with a jeep

- Monterey & Carmel with lunch with a van at Open Road

Expeditions-Tours

and a Tour with a steamtrain through redwoodforest, lunch and Winchester Mystery house at Super Sightseeing Tours

I am looking forward to my stay in SF sooo much, just 64 days.

Rock Hill, SC
Level Contributor
59 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours in San Francisco

To Jackiej:

The Tuscan Inn was very nice. It was within walking distance of all the Wharf attractions. We ate one night at the restaurant across the street at the Sheraton Hotel. The steak was wonderful! We went across the bridge on the tour to Sausilito & Muir Woods. We did not do the bikes, but it sounds like alot of fun! I highly reccommend the California Jeep Tours. He took alot of time with us and was very knowledgeable about the area. Have a great tiem & don't forget to go to the pier & visit the sea lions!