We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming in March for 4 nights for wedding anniversary

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
coming in March for 4 nights for wedding anniversary

My husband and I are going to SF for our wedding anniversary in March for 4nights/5days Wed-Sun staying at the Omni SF. We plan to rent a car and go to Napa one day.(which day would be best to go?)We don't like to do the tours we like to wing it and see what local recommend to do. We also love to eat seafood, italian, mexican, and good breakfast. What places are romantic, too?

Dylan's Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Urban Trek USA
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Painted Ladies Tour Company
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours
San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: coming in March for 4 nights for wedding anniversary

During the week will probably be the least crowded at the wineries.

In San Francisco, make a reservation at Gary Danko. The food is simply amazing! Check out www.garydanko.com to see a menu and to book your reservations. Be sure to book early because they fill up months in advance. Very romantic. Let them know that it's your honeymoon and Im sure they'll do something special.

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: coming in March for 4 nights for wedding anniversary

is there a dress code in most restaurants and my husband is a smoker will we have a problem with that

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming in March for 4 nights for wedding anniversary

There is no smoking in all restaurants AND bars in California. He'll have to step outside to smoke.

Most restaurants are fine with business casual. We tend to be a bit less formal than many places.

I would choose a weekday for your Napa trip, less winery visitors during the week.

Check the past postings on this forum for dining suggestions.