We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

Hi, I wonder if someone can give some advice. On my last trip to California we watched a San Diego Padres game - which was great fun!!

I am going back to California with my brother and want to share the experience with him - i saw that whilst we are in SF the Giants will be playing. Are the tickets easy to get on the day? In San Diego we just queued up on the night (we didn't plan to go, just got carried along with the crowd!). Does anyone have any advice on seats? where is the best place to be sat?

Many thanks!

San Francisco
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

In my opinion the best place to sit is in the club level. The seats are located above the ground level but not on the upper deck, so right in between. The best part is that of-course the seats are outside but the concessions and bathrooms are all in-side. So basically they have glass walls all around the club level and you can even watch the game inside. It's a great bonus if it's cold out. It's not as crowded as the main level and you also have tv's so you can watch from your seat.

Try www.stubhub.com if you want to get your tickets ahead of time or even through the giants website. But really even if you don't sit in the club level they are all good seats (except the upper deck).

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,711 posts
5,812 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

The game on March 30 is with Los Angeles Angels and March 31st with Oakland A's. I'd recommend watching the San Francisco Giants Baseball Web site and purchasing when tickets become available. First part of the season lots of fans like to go due to "baseball fever". San Francisco Giants often have sell outs (or at least they did in the past....it depends on how good a team they're able to put together this season....but its a bit harder to get tickets than other parks if you wait. If the game is in Oakland Stadium (Oakland A's....not these 2 days), its generally easy just to walk up and buy tickets the same day as the game. In Oakland Stadium just don't buy any tickets that say "partial view": as the seats will be just that. For the Giants I like the VIew section behind home plate, because it gives you a good view of the game as well as a good view of the entire bay (and for a tourist....this is a fun way to see the water.)...and for a local, its also fun to see.

…mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp…

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

it's a spring training exhibition game and many good seats will be available, AAA Club level or Field Club are the highest end of seats. You will be able to pickup seats via Craigslist listing for Giants tickets. I would even wait till the week of before the game to get tickets. Keep asking if you don't understand something.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

Since these are "exhibition games", tickets should be plentiful, especially the Mar 30 vs LA Angels. The Oakland game will draw more Oakland fans, since they live nearby. These games are the last couple of practice games before the season begins. The club level seats are great, but very pricey. For a decent, affordable seat, try the upper deck View Reserved. Go for seats in sections 307 to 318. You have an overall perspective, plus you can see the backdrop of SF Bay and Bay Bridge, as well as a clear view of the scoreboard with its video screen. Be sure to walk around as well to sample the different angles and attractions that present themselves. Oh, and be sure to try the garlic fries.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

If you have the opportunity to buy View Box tickets, I would advise purchasing these seats. Go for the same sections that Girasol suggested, as they do offer spectacular views of the bay and the Bay Bridge. View Box is a bit more expensive ($4 to $6 more) than View Reserve, but it's worth it in my opinion as it puts you closer to the field.

London, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

Thanks for the advice...! The views from the stadium sound excellent - altho of course i will be watching the game ;oP

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

View box is good, be careful of View Box row 4 because if it's near the enterance from the concessions, four of those seats might be like a wind tunnel. Theres about 12 to 16 seats because they are whell chair accessible, so only the first four and last four of those seats I would sit in.

8. Re: Giants Game - 30 or 31 March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, May 09, 2009