We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric car rentals

Easton, Pa.
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Electric car rentals

Hi,

Can anyone comment on " Go car " rentals. We would like to explore the area from Aquatic park to G.G. Bridge in one of these. Is it practical ? Are they allowed on the streets around Coit Tower and Lombard Street ?

Thank you for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Coit Tower
Coit Tower
3,989 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Lombard Street
Lombard Street
14,003 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electric car rentals

I would double check with the rental place but I believe they are permited on all city streets. Renting a bike is another way to go and the ride from Aquatic Park to the bridge is all on a path so you don't need to worry about traffic.

louisiana
Level Contributor
103 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electric car rentals

WE rented one this summer. I think it was $70 for an hour or so. You are basically riding a go cart.Your helmeted head reaches about the height of a tire on an SUV. YOu are that low to the ground. There is no reverse, only forward. You can go anywhere on the street but you have to follow a map that shows you where to go. You can even go over the GOlden Gate, which I think would be crazy!! It is GPS oriented, but we somehow didn't follow the directions right, and the GPS shuts off until you find your way back. Imagine being in the little go-cart in Union Square and lost!! It was crazy, but the memory of that little go car will always be a funny memory!!

Mentioned in this post
Golden Gate Park
Golden Gate Park
8,475 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Union Square
Union Square
1,856 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Electric car rentals

I don't know a whole lot about them, however, I do think there are better ways to explore San Francisco, rather than on these things --especially given the cost of renting them.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electric car rentals

I see them all over the city. People seem to really enjoy them. I don't think they would be too great in the rain, or on wet streets though. They also don't offer a whole lot of protection in case of accident.