We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar in Union Square, Favorite Lunch Spot and...

Orange County
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Sports Bar in Union Square, Favorite Lunch Spot and...

1. Best place to watch the game while the girls shop.

2. Favorite place for lunch when we shop in Union Square.

3. FAvorite hotel in Union Square...what do you think of Renaissance Parc 55?

4. Transportation...from Oakland to Union Square...we need a car to go to Sonoma two days later...I keep hearing horror stories about parking..help!

5. FAvorite breakfast spot.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports Bar in Union Square, Favorite Lunch Spot and...

1. Best place to watch the game while the girls shop. "JILLIANS at the Metreon"

2. Favorite place for lunch when we shop in Union Square. "NEED MORE DETAILS. There is everything from the Cheesecake Factory on top of Macy*s and Max's Cafe on Mason Street to The Rotunda at NIEMAN MARCUS and CAMPTON PLACE RESTAURANT. There is also Kuleto's, A New place called ZAZA on Tillman Alley, Postrio, Farallon, Michael Mina's and much, much more. DO YOU WANT QUICK, RELAXING, HIGH-END, CASUAL, CHEAP...?

3. FAvorite hotel in Union Square...what do you think of Renaissance Parc 55? "The Chancellor Hotel or Westin St. Francis for historic San Francisco. The Parc 55 is good."

4. Transportation...from Oakland to Union Square...we need a car to go to Sonoma two days later...I keep hearing horror stories about parking..help! "How many people? a taxi or towncar is your best bet for 4 or more, unless you want to go least expensive which would be on BART - public transit. You could possibly rent a car for one day and return it to the hotel. they have a hertz(or budget?) desk at the parc 55. you could rent a car at oakland for $40-$50 and drive yourself to the hotel and drop it off. then that day, while you have the car you could drive out to any of the places that you wanted to go like the beach, golden gate park, the gg bridge, etc. just double check that there are no drop off fees. if you rent through the agency at the parc 55, they have 24 hour return so when you need to go to sonoma, just rent again from them and you can return it the same night and avoid parking charges.

5. FAvorite breakfast spot.

"Dotties True Blue Cafe"

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports Bar in Union Square, Favorite Lunch Spot and...

1. Jillian's at the Metreon

2. Really depends on what you want. I highly recommend Rotunda at Neiman Marcus.

3. I like the Parc 55. I've had family stay there and love it. We've stayed there overnight and enjoyed it. They seem to have pretty good rates from what I've seen and the rooms are fairly decent in size, as are the bathrooms --especially for San Francisco.

4. Cabs, shuttle service or towncar. Depending on how many people, it may be cheaper to take the limo/towncar b/c shuttles charge per person. Usually $15 or so.

5. Sears Fine Foods on Union Square.

The Veranda at the Parc 55 has a good breakfast.

Top of the Mark (on Nob Hill in the Mark Hopkins) has a terrific Sunday brunch.

Orange County
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports Bar in Union Square, Favorite Lunch Spot and...

Thanks for the information...very good ideas and it will help us.

There are four of us. They leave early morning Monday and we leave late Monday night.

Lunch....love great salads....we have Cheesecake FActory but love their salads. Mid to high for lunch...love those memorable yummylunches.

Thanks again...very helpful.

PS Friends want the Stinking Rose...we get to pick the next restaurant. Love Osumo's but they don't like sushi. Seafood, steaks, California fusion is what we like..any suggestions?

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports Bar in Union Square, Favorite Lunch Spot and...

Do yourself a favor and skip the Stinking Rose. The food isn't very good and it's way overpriced. Maybe it was good once....

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports Bar in Union Square, Favorite Lunch Spot and...

Do skip the Stinking Rose. The food isn't very good and I think it's kind of overrated. I guess I can see some of the appeal to certain people, but I wouldn't bother.

Boudins for clam chowder or the Swan Oyster Depot for fresh crab.

Anzu is one that many seem to like.

The Hyde Street Bistro

Gary Danko --however make reservations far in advance.