We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Options from Oakland Airport to Wharf?

FL
3 posts
Save Topic
Transportation Options from Oakland Airport to Wharf?

Just booked a flight into Oakland International Airport later this month and I'm looking for transportation info from OIA to our hotel at Fisherman's Wharf. What will a cab, shuttle, or limo cost and can anyone reccomend a specific shuttle? All advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,528 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Options from Oakland Airport to Wharf?

Try doing a google ssearch for the Oakland airport web site. Many airport web sites list ground transportation options and costs.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Options from Oakland Airport to Wharf?

Oakland airport to SF by cab will run you around $70. Shuttles can add up if you have lots of people, so my family of 4 always takes a cab.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation Options from Oakland Airport to Wharf?

If you don't mind taking public transportation, I would suggest taking BART (a light rail type train) from Oakland Airport to downtown San Francisco. If you get off at the first stop in SF, which is "The Embarcadero", you can then catch a cab or take the street car to Fisherman's Wharf.

If you prefer just to take a shuttle, I would go directly to the airport's website, where they most likely provide information on the specific companies that service their airport.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
23 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Options from Oakland Airport to Wharf?

If you're arriving mid-day (not rush hours) I would take BART, there is a shuttle bus from OAK to BART, you buy the tickets at a machine by the bus stop which is on the platform in the middle of the street in front of the arrivals area. At the BART station, you buy tickets for the ride to the Embarcadero station in SF. Go up to Market Street and look northeast for the Hyatt Regency Hotel. There is a taxi stand in front of it.

FL
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation Options from Oakland Airport to Wharf?

We've decided to rent a car as we're going to take a day to drive south to Big Sur, Carmel, etc. We're prepared for the hotel parking fees. We got a pretty good rental car deal through Budget. Thanks to all that posted.