We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcatraz

australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Alcatraz

I'm planning a trip in March 2006 and will only be in San Francisco for 1 day. Would love to do Alcatraz evening tour and I've been advised to book it now. I have looked at the Blue and Gold Fleet website and the calendar only goes up to December 2005. Can anyone advise me what I should do? Will it be ok to wait until the calendar is updated? We don't want to leave it too late and then miss out...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcatraz

If you try to book your dates in March 06 as soon as they are available you will have no problem. Calculate out the number of days you can book in advance and figure out the date you should book. March 06 is NOT peak season so you really don't have to worry.

australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcatraz

Thanks Wes, I'll wait a couple of months and then try again. Glad to hear that we won't be there at the peak time. My 12 year old is impatient and hates waiting in crowds.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcatraz

You may try your hotel concierge, or activities desk.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,514 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcatraz

Hi ozshas,

I'll combine a few things here______Alcatraz__What Wes has suggested is fine and you wont have any trouble.

San Jose/ San Francisco____I planned a school tour a few years ago that included the Tech Museum and it was great and everybody enjoyed it. However, as another poster said _ There isn't a whole lot else to see in San Jose. The Exploratorium is also great and as your time is tight it might be worth considering the extra time in San Francisco and skipping San Jose.

I think I replied to you some time ago re: WDW or DL and I notice you mentioned your boys impatience etc. ___ Just thought you might get him in training now for having to wait in lines etc because wherever you decided WDW or DL even in March there will be crowds and waiting involved.

Hope this helps .