We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with parking?

Wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Hotel with parking?

Hi

I am visiting san francisco for 3nights in August as part of a road trip and so am looking for a hotel with parking near union square. During my search I have found that I can search for hotels with free parking but as there are not many thought maybe I would be better off looking for a hotel that has a car park that I have to pay for. Any suggestions on a decent hotel where I can park?(not intending spending a lot of time there- just sleeping really so doesnt need any fancy facilities. Just needs to be clean)

Thanks very much

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,363 Reviews
from $105.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,808 Reviews
from $126.00*
Special Offer
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,630 Reviews
from $61.20*
$68.00
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with parking?

Hotels with parking in San Francisco are usually motor inns out of the center.

There are some in the Marina District, the Cow Hollow Motor Inn and Suites and its sister properties. One of these properties is on Columbus Avenue near North Beach and within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf, the Columbus Motor Inn. This is closer in than the others.

http://www.columbusmotorinn.com/

This has free, covered parking and is a perfectly fine place to stay.

We drive into the city several weekends a year and look for hotel specials which include parking.

Go to hotelres.com, choose San Francisco and the Union Square area, and then click on "packages" at the top of the screen and see if they give you a hotel with a parking package.

I just did a dry run on this, choosing August 15 as the check-in date and got the Donatello for $128 including parking and continental breakfast, and the Adagio for $105 with parking...which is an incredible rate.

We stay at the Donatello often and I can recommend it. The rooms are almost 500 square feet and include a wet bar, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, etc. The minimal breakfast is served in a top floor lounge with two terraces and a fireplace. There is also a fitness center up there.

We are staying at the Adagio laster this month, using the parking package.

The Donatello is one block from Union Square and the Adagio about two blocks.

(This site is not a pay-up-front-no-cancellation one. They only make the reservation for you with the hotel and take your credit card number as a guarantee. You deal with the hotel from then on and pay upon checkout.)

Good luck.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with parking?

Nob Hill Motor Inn is my pick:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60713-d81177-R…

there's a bunch of Lombard.

do a search on 'free parking hotel' and you'll get old posts.. here's one:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k272447…

The first question many of the people here will ask, is do you need a car?

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,936 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with parking?

I did the same dates that puter put in for the Chancellor Hotel and got $140 incl. parking . If you want Union Square then this is a great hotel located right there but otherwise I agree with the others and Columbus Motor Inn or Nob Hill Motor Inn are good.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with parking?

Yes, the Chancellor is a favorite, a smaller historic boutique hotel, recently redecorated with a wonderful staff and management, 1/2 block from Union Square.

If you read the reviews you will see why it is a favorite.

If this doesn't work for you I still would choose the Adagio or Donatello, if you can get a good rate with parking, rather than the aforementioned motor inns, because of location.

Wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with parking?

Hi thanks for the replies.

I can't seem to work hotelres properly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong?? Just seem to be getting general rates and not an actual booking price.

Is there a similar site that I can use where I can complete the booking and pay in GBP (including parking. I would prefer to book and pay for the hotels before I leave so I know where I am.

Also I can't find columbus motor inn on any of the usual sites I use such as expedia, hotels.com Is this because it is not available to book online or am I just not looking in the right place.

Thanks again for the replies. Any help much appreciated.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with parking?

Can't figure why you aren't getting anywhere with hotelres. Are you stopping when you get the list of hotels? You need to put in the dates, and then check on packages at the top of the screen.

You can book Columbus Motor Inn through its own website. Evidently it doesn't use booking sites like hotels.com, etc.

http://www.columbusmotorinn.com/

When you get the home page, click on what you want on the left of the screen....i.e. "rates", "rooms", etc. to get into the site.

7. Re: Hotel with parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 14, 2009