We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotel for couple with 9 month old?

tempe,az
Level Contributor
22 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
good hotel for couple with 9 month old?

Does anyone recommend a hotel, 4 or 5 star, for a couple with a 9 month old child?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotel for couple with 9 month old?

It depends are where you want to be. The hotel will be your base where you will want to go back to if your child gets tired or to drop off things, re-charge, etc. So it should be convenient to where you think you will be spending most of your time or that is easy to get in and out of. In Union Square I would suggest the Westin, the Grand Hyatt, the Campton Place and Pan Pacific as my top choices. Campton Place is a little different than the others in the way it is smaller and boutique style. In the Wharf, take your pick. Most of the chain hotels do not have much to separate them. The popular hotels are the Argonaut and the Tuscan which are a little different.

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotel for couple with 9 month old?

Regardless of what hotel you choose be sure to contact them directly when you make a reservation to let them know exactly what you will need in terms of a crib and any baby-proofing devices (such as covers for electrical outlets, etc.). In my experience even the most kid-friendly hotels may have rooms that aren't set up well for babies and toddlers.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotel for couple with 9 month old?

We started to acclimatize our daughter to water very young, I think around age 1. For that, the Hotel Nikko downtown would be good, it has a fabulous indoor pool. It's very pretty too, in a restrained modernist Japanese style (4 star).