We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcatraz tour

lonodn
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
alcatraz tour

Can anyone tell me if its best to do the Alcatraz tour at night or the day tour?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alcatraz tour

It's pretty subjective which is best. Why not do a search of the fourm and see what other people have said

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,303 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alcatraz tour

I liked the evening tour because of the options of taking several different guided tours as opposed to just the Audio/headphone tour during the day. I also liked the City lights from the island at night.

I haven't been on the day tour so I don't have a frame of reference to judge between the two.

mfj
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
653 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alcatraz tour

We did daytime - it was great. But I've seen many reviews from people who did the night tour and raved about it.

Either way you can't lose. We hope to return to SF next year and will probably go in the evening - I think it would be quite eerie.

DONCASTER - ENGLAND
Level Contributor
390 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alcatraz tour

Agree with the last post,but we did the day tour,if you decide to go on the day tour try and go out to alcatraz on the first ferry that leaves and it wont be as busy, by mid afternoon when we went to board thge ferry back to San Francisco the lines/queues to go into the theatre where they show video footage of alcatraz and also the audio/headphone tour inside were quite long.