We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pub in old bath house near wind mills ????

monterey,ca
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pub in old bath house near wind mills ????

I think I am losing my mind ! I KNOW we went to this cool pub and restaurant a couple years ago across the Great HWY from the beach. It was at the very end of GG park near the wind mills. It was on the second floor so you could see the beach. On the ground floor were these wonderful restored WPA murals. Does anyone know what I'm talking about ? What is the name of this place? Does it still exist ? HELP !!! MG

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pub in old bath house near wind mills ????

I think you are talking about the Beach Chalet. www.beachchalet.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pub in old bath house near wind mills ????

The only thing that the Beach Chalet has going for it is the view of the sunset (when its not foggy). I've been there twice too many times and had a poor experience both times. On our last visit we ordered margaritas and they didn't come until after we got our lunch order. Someone came around and asked if we wanted bread but never brought it out until after we were done with our lunch. The drinks were weak and seemed to be lacking in tequila and only tasted of lime juice. The food was way overpriced! $13 for two cold fish tacos???

If you want a view of the sunset with better food and service, go up the road to the Cliff House

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pub in old bath house near wind mills ????

Yep, that's the Beach Chalet.

However, we had the opposite experience as Sean on our three visits. The food was excellent, the service was excellent as was the view.

monterey,ca
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pub in old bath house near wind mills ????

We were out of town for a few days. Just getting to my email. Thanks to everybody for the info. I love nothing better than making very involved travel plans. I for one hate to just "wing it". We are spending TG weekend in THE CITY. I'm thinking of going to the Beach Chalet before we head back to Monterey.

MG