We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vertigo tour

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Vertigo tour

I don't think this specific tour has been discussed recently. I would like to go on a Hitchcock Vertigo tour. I understand a company called "A Friend in Town" has a specific Vertigo movie tour. Has any one been on this tour or know of any other company that does a similar tour? Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vertigo tour

Haven't been on this tour or know this company. But I want to point out that from their website they indicate that the tour highlights the town of San Juan Bautista as well as places in San Francisco. San Juan is south of Gilroy, a good 2 hour drive. I'm not sure how they'd blend the two together and how much they'd have to say on the drive.

http://tinyurl.com/55uyl3 for an article that outlines the San Francisco scenes and how they were modified in the movie.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vertigo tour

Thanks RamblinSal!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vertigo tour

With the two hour drive, you could watch the movie along the way. ;-)

Seriously, I remember reading recently that the fake gravestone used for filming at Mission Dolores was a very popular visitor site the year or so after the film was released. It was ordered to be removed by a higher up in the church as they felt it was distracting from the actual purpose of the Mission (though I bet it brought in a few coins from curiosity seekers).

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vertigo tour

Ah, I found the article that I had read earlier this year in the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://tinyurl.com/6n8mx6

It talks all about the locations.

It would have been neat to visit the gallery at the Palace of the Legion of Honor in July - they recreated it as it appeared in the film in honor of it's 50th Anniversary.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vertigo tour

Thanks sfimporter, obviusly I'm a big Vertigo (and Hitchcock) fan. I'm going to print that article and take it with me just in case my tour guide omits a few stops. Thanks again!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vertigo tour

oops... meant to type obviously....obviously.

7. Re: Vertigo tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 01, 2009