We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip cancellation insurance

vancouver, bc
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
trip cancellation insurance

I have had to cancel my vacation in San Francisco and learned that my cancellation ins that I got through a travel agent won't cover it. I thought that a "family medical emerg" would cover all close family, but it only covers myself and any that were travelling with me. My father who is 87 and has been travelling in the Maritimes, NS to be exact, had a serious fall and stroke so I need to go and bring him home when he can travel. I lucked out though as my sister-in-law and her husband are going to use my reservation in SF and also in Anaheim and then reimburse me so I am only out travel exp. If you purchase cancellation ins. read in detail the reasons that can be used to activate it. I was shocked at the poor coverage I have when I was previously reassured by trav. agent that it was good. Take care and have a good summer travelling. Cass

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,076 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip cancellation insurance

Hope that your Dad is well soon.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,423 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip cancellation insurance

So sorry to hear of your dad. I hope he recovers as well as can be expected and that you can bring him home without too much difficulty.

If you really like to travel the preplanning and expectation of the trip is a big part of the experience and it is such a blow when you have to cancel and a double blow if it involves a family member such as in your case.

On a lighter note___I hope your sister-in-law is taking up the challenge of the lost restaurant ?

Take care