We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from San Francisco Airport to the York Hotel?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
israel
7 posts
Save Topic
from San Francisco Airport to the York Hotel?

Hello

I'm going to be in San Francisco at the mid of August staying at the York Hotel at 940 Sutter Street.

I would like to know if it's possible to use the BART to get from San Francisco Airport to the York Hotel.

If it's possible can I please have all the relevant details.

Thank you Ehud

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from San Francisco Airport to the York Hotel?

Take BART to San Francisco. Exit at the Powell Street Station. Hail a cab to take you from Powell & Market Street to 940 Sutter. BART will not go up to Sutter; If you have luggage, it will not be pleasant to lug it up the hill to Sutter Street. The cab ride should not be very expensive. If you don't want to take a cab, you can probably take a Muni bus that gets you from the BART station area to within a couple of blocks of the hotel. You'd have to call MUNI and give them your location (say, Powell & Market streets) and your destination (Sutter Street between Leavenworth and Hyde streets). They can tell you which bus to ride. 415-673-MUNI. Frankly, I'd just take a cab if I had a lot of luggage.

London UK
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from San Francisco Airport to the York Hotel?

Hi,

We stayed at the York Hotel in March, and found the easiest way to get there was just to get one of the shuttle buses at the airport. I think it cost about $14 per person. It wasn't a very long journey, and much easier to do that than lug suitcases around. We booked the return journey with one of the staff at the hotel, a day in advance. It's a lovely hotel.

If you really want to get the BART, it is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel, but will be longer with suitcases!