We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FM transmitters for MP3 players

Flint, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
FM transmitters for MP3 players

Hello!

I use an FM transmitter here in Michigan to play my ipod in my car.

I was wondering if they work very well in a bigger city like San Francisco. I understand that there are probably a lot more radio stations out there than there are here in Flint so it might be harder to find a fuzzy station.

Does anyone use one? Is it worth bringing for our rental car or should I just tote around my cds?

I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
1. Re: FM transmitters for MP3 players

I use one. I find that I have to change the station as I drive around to find a good signal more often in the Bay Area than I do when I am further out. One thing I discovered is that if you can lower the antenna while the radio is on, it works better. I would bring it.

I assume the rental car is for when you leave the city or for day trips to the wine country and/or Monterey or ? If you are bringing it for driving around San Francisco, I wouldn't bother with either CDs or the transmitter. I wouldn't bother to have a car for that.

Flint, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: FM transmitters for MP3 players

now I feel stupid...lol

I didn't think about the fact that we won't be near san francisco when we're using it.

Thanks for pointing that out for me. :)

3. Re: FM transmitters for MP3 players

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 28, 2009