We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage on f line fisherman's wharf

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
9 posts
Save Topic
luggage on f line fisherman's wharf

How hard is it to take luggage from BART at Embarcadero to hotels in Fisherman's Wharf area on the "F" line? Or from BART at Embarcadero to the Van Ness/Lombard area to a hotel? I'm sure taxi would be easier but looking at the cost also, have 5 in our party. We plan to get the 3-day Muni pass for bus/streetcar and cable car rides to get around the area. Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
515 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: luggage on f line fisherman's wharf

TravelGirl05, you will have a difficult time hailing a cab from Civic Center to Holiday Inn on Van Ness at night. I would suggest you get off at the Embarcadero and take a cab in front of the Hyatt. My guess is the cab fare would be about $10.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: luggage on f line fisherman's wharf

Travelgirl,

I see that you are coming from the Oakland airport and not SFO. In that case a taxi would probably cost about $55 to your hotel.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: luggage on f line fisherman's wharf

You don't need to get off at Embarcadero when the Powell Street station will get you a little closer to your destination, and thus cost you less in cab fare: There is a taxicab stand at the Renaissance Parc 55 Hotel, less than a half block to the west of Hallidie Plaza. If you come up the stairs next to the cable car coffee stand, it's just to the left at the top of the stairs.

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: luggage on f line fisherman's wharf

at night I would feel more comfortable with the Hyatt cab stand than the Parc 55 at North Fifth St at Market, but either option would work.