We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly Muni Passes for YOUTH in SF

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
iowa
8 posts
Save Topic
Monthly Muni Passes for YOUTH in SF

I'll be traveling with my daughters to SF in July was wondering if I should just get them the monthly muni pass since it's $10 cheaper than a 7 day. Does anyone know if I purchase it today will the valid dates be July 1-31? I would assume so but they through me on SFGATE.com when it said purchase between June 23-July 9th....thanks for your help. Bubbaj

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monthly Muni Passes for YOUTH in SF

If you purchase the JULY pass, it will be valid from July 1 through August 3. There is a three day grace period to give you a chance to get the next month's pass

Youth 5-17 $10

under 5 free

good on all buses streetcars and CABLE CARS

not good on BART

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monthly Muni Passes for YOUTH in SF

Here is a link to muni:

sfmuni.com/cms/mms/fares/fareinfo.htm#passes

iowa
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Monthly Muni Passes for YOUTH in SF

I just went online to order the 7 day pass and it says sold out, is that possible?? I can get 3 day but not 7.....

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Monthly Muni Passes for YOUTH in SF

Yeah, smart idea. Just purchase the youth monthly pass, and you can use it during that month and up to 3 days after the month ends (3-day grace period). One thing though, youth pass aren't accepted on BART.

iowa
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Monthly Muni Passes for YOUTH in SF

Got everything squared away. When I went on this morning they said sold out for the 7 day passes, I emailed them and my reply was that there was something down and would be back up this afternoon, a very nice lady even called to let me know that they had plenty of tickets so not to worry, and she was right, it's up and running! Thanks for all yoru advice.