We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
8 posts
Save Topic
UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

Hi there we will be arriving from London on 24th Dec and staying in SF for 4 days before we head South for the new year. This was a spontaneous trip, so we have nothing planned, we would like to have some fun sharing a Christmas dinner perhaps with another travelling family like us who would enjoy some Christmas fun and also have kids.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

I will be out of town, otherwise we would be interested....have you tried advertising this on craiglist.org? Perhaps you would get better response.

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

Hi,

I am also travelling to SF over Christmas arriving on 23rd. It's just myself and my daughter of 13 years. Have also been looking around for somewhere suitable to have xmas dinner that is not too expensive and that has food that a 13 year old will eat. Have looked at Top of the Mark but very expensive $80+ each. Also Hilton Hotel has a buffet which is more reasonable $60 and has good variety of food. Would love to hear how you are getting on with booking somewhere.

Annapolis, MD, USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

Again, let me recommend...Chinese restauarants....always open on Christmas...some are quite fancy.

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

Well I have not yet found anything particular to do or a place to be - looking for ideas

Santa Cruz, CA
Level Contributor
240 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

From OpenTable, a list of places (with links to web sites) open on Christmas:

www.opentable.com/promo/decholiday.asp…

Hope that helps a little!

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

Thanks - robin

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

there is a great chinese restaurant, Great Eastern, in Chinatown. this site has a few links to reviews:

…yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2731776-great_easte…

the decor is nice with white table cloths & chandeliers. the food is great & it's always busy. so it should make for a festive atmosphere.

San Diego
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: UK / Dutch family (5 with 3 girls 12, 14, 16) in SF for...

Hornblower Cruises has a Christmas Eve and a Christmas Day buffet with a DJ and a harbor cruise that might be fun.