We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach blanket bingo and teenagers

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
435 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
beach blanket bingo and teenagers

I have three (pretty mature) teenagers - would they like BBB and like North Beach?

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach blanket bingo and teenagers

Beach Blanket Babylon changes their show often to represent the things most going on in the world. Rock stars are often their characters as well as policitcal and fairy tale characters. Your teens will love it. However, alcohol is served in the evening so only those 21 and over can go at that time. You will have to choose a matinee which I believe is only on Sundays at 1:00.

Go to www.beachblanketbabylon.com for all the details and to see the incredible costumes.

It is a laugh outloud show.

North Beach is a great area of San Francisco. If you know anything about the Beat Generation, tell the kids about it ahead of time and introduce them to the City LIghts Bookstore. It is a great multi-leveled bookstore. www.citylights.com

Also, the Italian restaurants in the North Beach area are terrific. It is a brief walk to be in China Town after that.

Depending on when you go to SF the Academy of Sciences has a Chocolate Exhibit for the next few months.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach blanket bingo and teenagers

I agree with Gourmand- your kids will love it, but as he mentioned, you are limited to Sundays, so book ASAp.