We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petite Auberge - Any transportation challenges?

Memphis
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Petite Auberge - Any transportation challenges?

My husband and I are planning a trip to SF in March 2006. He suffered a broken leg last year and tires easily when walking. How close is public transportation to this hotel? Any other suggestions for lodging that might be easier for him to negotiate? Yep... we want to do the "tourist trap" things.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Petite Auberge - Any transportation challenges?

Consider the Chancellor Hotel on Union Square. Close to everything. Great location.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petite Auberge - Any transportation challenges?

Either that or consider something in the Fisherman's Wharf area. It's flat. Easy to walk. I'm not a fan of staying there just because it is a tourist trap, but sometimes when you're a tourist, it's just fine. And you'll hear seagulls in the air and fog horns (even if they are recorded)

Memphis
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Petite Auberge - Any transportation challenges?

Thanks for the info! Is there a website where I can order a map of the transportation system there? And would you advise buying a pass (if available) for the 5 days that we will be there?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Petite Auberge - Any transportation challenges?

There are 1, 3 or 7 day passes that covers the buses, cable cars and street cars. BART in San Francisco only. They are $9, $15 & $20 respectively. The passes are a great value. You can get more information at www.sfmuni.com.