We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Yosemite

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dumbarton,Scotland
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at Yosemite

Thinking of taking a couple of days to visit Yosemite. Has anyone been there and can you reccommend somewhere to stay? Hopefully not too pricey. Appreciate any help.

Regards

Gordy.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Yosemite

Remind me Gordy, when are you coming? Summer accomodations in Yosemite valley are hard to come by, although there are always cancellations. The cheapest and most numerous accomodations that don't involve actual camping are tent cabins in Curry Village. They're a bit noisy, since you have so many close neighbors, but they are surprisingly comfortable. Check out yosemitepark.com for accomodations within the park.

Dumbarton,Scotland
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Yosemite

Hi MacJack,

We will be in your neck of the woods in September. Wewould probably be doing the Yosemite thing 18th thru 20th.

Thanks again for yor help.

Regards,

Gordy.

Placerville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Yosemite

Hi There!

You may want to look at Evergreen Lodge also. They are located about 5 miles up a wooded road, right outside the parks West entrance. We stayed there in April and LOVED IT! They have individual cabins, a restaurant, a bar, and a small store on the grounds. The staff are friendly and helpful. And they have family things, story telling around the campfire, guiding hiking trips, they even can pack a lunch for you if your going into the Valley for the day.

If you stay outside the park, you will have to pay $20.00 to get into the park for one vehicle, but the park pass is good for seven days. And hey, you'll be supporting the park with much needed funds.

Have fun!

Dumbarton,Scotland
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Yosemite

Thanks Ruby,

Do you have a website for Evergreen Lodges?

Best regards,

gordy

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Yosemite

We have just returned from a 3 week visit to the USA. We spent four days at Yosemite and really enjoyed it. Our accomodation was just outside the park Narrow Gauge Inn at Fish Camp. The rooms were cosy and their was a lovely restauraunt.

Not sure whether you have to pay the park access fee whether you are staying in the park or not. I would assune you pay the access fee regardless of where you are staying.

Would definately recommend visiting the mariposa grove at the southern edge of the park but get there early to avoid the crowds. There is a lovely viewpoint you can walk to.

If you want accomodation in the park the Wawona hotel looked nice.

New York City
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Yosemite

I'd totally recommend the Yosemite Bug.

What a great place. It's outside of the park but on the YARTS line if you don't want to hassle with driving back and forth...the staff is friendly...the prices won't break your bank by any stretch of the imagination, the location is primo and the food is DIVINE...i stayed here for a week last year and dreamt about it for months after i returned.

Check it out: www.yosemitebug.com

Good luck.

New York City
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Yosemite

I'd totally recommend the Yosemite Bug.

What a great place. It's outside of the park but on the YARTS line if you don't want to hassle with driving back and forth...the staff is friendly...the prices won't break your bank by any stretch of the imagination, the location is primo and the food is DIVINE...i stayed here for a week last year and dreamt about it for months after i returned.

Check it out: www.yosemitebug.com

Good luck.

england
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at Yosemite

I agree with the last member - the Yosemite Bug. I havent actually stayed there but their website looks promising and the prices are very pleasing, so its my top choice at the mo.

There sems to be pretty good transportation links with YARTS taking you to Merced which in turn links with Amtrak and Greyhound if you're planning to continue your trip elsewhere around California.

I've been on the Yosemite YARTS website and looked at the schedules - the only thing Im a tad confused on is that it says no transport on weekends. Does this mean they dont supply transport into the park at all or just the longer distance trips? Are there any alternatives if YARTS isnt available?

Thanks guys

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at Yosemite

I'm interesting in visiting SF and Yosemite next April for school Easter Vacation. Is that too early in the year? Would the weather be too cool? I'm hoping to avoid summer crowds. Or would I be better off traveling the end of June?