We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip Via Bus to Monterey

Suburban Maryland
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip Via Bus to Monterey

Is it worth it? I won't have a car.

Looking at these two:

By Jeep

www.allsanfranciscotours.com/Body.asp…

By Bus

www.allsanfranciscotours.com/Body.asp…

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip Via Bus to Monterey

It's two to two and a half hours of travel time. You need to really like either the Monterey Aquarium or the modest but historically important mid-19th Century buildings in Monterey, otherwise don't do it.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,636 posts
5,669 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip Via Bus to Monterey

If I were to choose from the two, I would pick the Jeep Tour and buy the extra admission to the aquarium option.

This will be a more personal tour....

We just returned from a wonderful Memorial Day weekend along the coast and were in Monterey/Santa Cruz area last night.....Tourists seemed to be very much enjoying themselves.

17 mile drive is always wonderful to see and well with taking time to visit! Its beautiful!

Stopping by Carmel for lunch is also fun...

Nice place to have lunch! Many to choose from so ask the driver for his/her recommendations...

If by bus - it did not sound nearly as fun or interesting...

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,636 posts
5,669 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip Via Bus to Monterey

ps: The drive there is fun.....You'll be driving by some very scenic ocean areas....then some farming areas of California famous most for growing artichokes and garlic....and then return to the coast. Its a fun and interesting drive and quite scenic. Well worth your time.