We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife Options

Suburban Maryland
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife Options

I will be in SF in July for a week with a friend--two women, in our forties. We are staying at the Orchard Hotel. I have seen several things which look like fun for an evening----tell me what you think of them. We will have several evenings to fill up!!

Beach Blanket Babylon

Theatro Zinzanni

Ghost Tours

Max's Opera Cafe

Various Comedy Clubs

Half Price Theatre Ticket/Day of Show

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife Options

All are great choices! I would start w/ Beach Blanket if you can get tickets- it's really an "only in SF" kind of experience. I haven't been to Zinzanni, but I know it's great way to get dinner and entertainment in one spot if you can afford it.

Practically anything at ACT or from the Best of Broadway series would be a fine night of theater, esp. if you can get 1/2 price tix.

Our comedy clubs are world famous, as long as you can stand a little blue humor.

Max's has decent food- great desserts- and singing waiters...not quite enough to call it an evening out for entertainment purposes, but a nice way to have dinner.

And I have no idea about the ghost tours! But I did spend the night once at a friend's house at Ft. Mason that was supposed to be haunted, and I have to say, I think the rumor was true!!

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife Options

Beach Blanket Babylon is a lot of fun . Best to get onto tickets ASAP on their website.

Max's Opera Cafe I have been to many times. They have desserts to die for.

If you really want to get close to the stage and fun of waiters performing ask for a table between Bar and stage. Probably have to wait_____at the bar !

If you like old style cabaret have a look at the Plush Room at the York Hotel.