We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

Illinois
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

Trying to think of research and arrange transportation while in San Francisco is really stressing me out :( Does anyone know the cost of the trip above, or how I can find out the precise cost ahead of time? I've never used Uber on my own so I don't know much about it.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,138 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

you can get an estimate in advance if you go to uber.com and price it out. IT will be an estimate. You can also try it now on your app for an estimate before booking I don't get why you would uber there. Walk to the ferry building and take a ferry there.

We have top questions that give you MUNI transport advice -- Union Square to attractions on MUNI -- print that and take it with you. If you want to use uber that is fine. Just get an estimate online or on the app

Illinois
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

Thank you. I'm not keen on walking from hotel to ferry and then ferry to resatuarant - one, because I will be dressed for dinner and not in walking shoes, and two because I don't like walking in strange cities late at night. I wanted to do a one-day car rental, but they all close for drop-off at 7pm, unless you are returning to the airport, which I think is ridiculously stupid.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,138 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

that is your call then and I presume you will have a lucky fog free evening seeing the view from Sausalito . I thought cost is an issue for you and hence I suggested an alternative

Strange cities late at night ? You mean an unfamiliar city , late at night ? Well the ferry schedule is more commute friendly than tourist friendly so a rideshare is the way to go. Perhaps you can use lyft in place of uber -- just my suggestion -- same drivers -- better managed and less corrupt company

Edited: 9:55 am, June 16, 2017
Illinois
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

Thank you again! Yes... I should've said unfamiliar city :) I am even less familiar with Lyft than Uber, but I will look on their website too. I appreciate your input,

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,138 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

both lyft and uber were founded in SF and are offering a similar service -- it is just that uber has had many issues with not paying drivers on time or the right amount, and with senior management having issues -- you can google uber management

all these companies use the same drivers so it is not that you are getting a better or worse service.

If you are going in the evening on a weekend -- you may be hit by surge pricing. Get an estimate from either company online and then also look at www.wingz.me it is a 3rd company -- you book the service in advance for a fixed price

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

I just checked the Uber app for now and the Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito is $28 with Uber or $25 with Uber Pool. It could be more expensive at different times of the day though.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

Uber and Lyft are just like taking a cab, except that you digitally hail it on your phone and you pay for it electronically in the app, so no funds change hands with the driver.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
20,869 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

>>one, because I will be dressed for dinner and not in walking shoes,<<

If you're that dressed up, you're massively overdressed for Scoma's and Sausalito. Any cute flats (ballet flats, even Mary Janes) will be dressier than what 95% of your fellow diners will be wearing.

And going TO dinner will hardly be late night, surely? If the ferry schedule works, take the ferry there and Uber/Lyft/taxi back. Be aware they'll probably add the bridge toll to your fare, so expect a $4-6 bump.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29,867 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

<<<I wanted to do a one-day car rental, but they all close for drop-off at 7pm, unless you are returning to the airport, which I think is ridiculously stupid.>>>

I guess when you open your own rental car company you can set the hours however you want. Most off airport locations in any city have similar hours its not unique to SF A 1 day rental is 24 hours so you can return it the same time the next day. Im assuming you don't want to pay for parking? Uber and Lyft are easy and inexpensive no reason to give yourself unnecessary stress for something so painless.

Edited: 7:15 pm, June 16, 2017
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber from Palace Hotel to Scoma Sausalito?

probably $50 or $60 each way,just take the ferry