We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for some info

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for some info

After a hectic month at work, I am going to attempt to get away for 3-4 nights and I've always been interesting in seeing some whales and doing some other things like that.

Anyway, I might even bring my mother (good son that I am and she's always wanted to see whales -- of which my father has no interest), so I'm just looking for some relaxing ideas and moreso -- the dates I am looking at.

As an amateur photographer who is really getting into it, I will be looking to take lots of photos! But I am looking at coming and staying from Oct. 9-12 and was wondering if that is a good time or bad to take the tours and see some whales.

My goals were to take a whale tour and possibly utilize the same company to take a nature/tour and/or a lighthouse tour. Then likely do the loop road myself -- but hoping someone could point out "must" stops and points of interest. Maybe also one outstanding view I could drive to, looking down over the town/ocean.

If I had more time, I would love to hike some and explore, but I just don't have the time. So I'm going to try and cram a lot of fun into three days.

Also, is there any sort of nightlife? I don't want to go boozing, but I might want to wander out to a pub or two if there are any good ones around.

Thanks for any help. I'm sure I'll be using this forum a bit in the next week pending my vacation time is approved!

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Looking for some info

Oh and, yeah, a lot of computer time to process some of these! Yikes!

32. Re: Looking for some info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question