We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time

I will be heading to Bar Harbor in two weeks and have an opportunity to extend my stay by one day. I am currently scheduled to be in Bar Harbor on Sat., Sun., Mon., and leave first thing Tuesday morning. Is this enough time to see all the sights, or would you recommend adding the extra day?

Also, is there any restaurant/bar that does a trivia night?

Thanks

Maine
Level Contributor
404 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time

It really depends on how involved you want to get. There is enough to do there to fill a summer. If you like what's there, you'll have plenty to do. If you're not there the extra day, is your other choice of where to be better? Bar Harbor is a nice place to just be.

Highland Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time

Well, like said above, it really depends. We spent a week last July, a week last September, and are finishing up another week now, and we have barely scratched the surface :-)

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time

There is a trivia night at some of the bars. But I don't know the details. Ask Deborah at Sherman's Book Store. She wins all the time.

Edited: 6:54 pm, September 27, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough time

Thanks for tip! You can tell her to share the info with me as I am not serious competition!

5. Re: Enough time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 29, 2014