We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn or Bar Harbor Regency, looking for info

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
163 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn or Bar Harbor Regency, looking for info

We see that the only availability is a King room in the "Frenchman's Bay" building. Anyone familliar with this hotel and this building? Where is it in relations with the main building? Does it have a view? Anyone visited this hotel that can give advice? I would also like information on places to go that are spots for the locals, those hidden gems that are good and not touristy.

Thanks in advance!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn or Bar Harbor Regency, looking for info

I can't help you with the hotel as I don't know anything about the rooms. The hotel itself is located just about a mile from the downtown area of Bar Harbor so you will most likely be driving into town for dinner and other activities. They do have a couple restaurants out there though. The Bar Harbor Regency does overlook the water and has a great pool. The Holiday Inn probably doesn't have as many water views as the building isn't right on the water. I'm a little surprised that they don't have much availability left at this early time in the year unless they just don't have many rooms with king beds. Check the Bar Harbor Inn or Harborside hotel for a hotel room with water views. There is also the Bluenose Inn, Balance Rock Inn, Saltair Inn and the Inn at Bay Ledge.

There are not too many local only places; however the restaurants that the locals really like are McKays, Side Street Cafe, Poor Boy's Gourmet, Thirsty Whale, Red Sky, Town Hill Bistro and Thurston's Lobster Pound. I'm sure some other locals will chime in differently.

The activity companies I like are LuLu's Lobster Boat, Acadian Nature Cruise, Aquaterra Adventures, National Park Kayak and Acadiia Sailing Company.

Boston...
Level Contributor
170 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn or Bar Harbor Regency, looking for info

I'm a little confused - are these 2 different hotels? I'm booked at the "Holiday Inn", but the website says "Bar Harbor Regency".

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn or Bar Harbor Regency, looking for info

It's the same property. There are various buildings on the property.

Boston...
Level Contributor
170 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn or Bar Harbor Regency, looking for info

I booked a non-oceanview king room (trying to save a bit of money), but it doesn't say where its located on the property. Is there a particular building I should ask for or try to avoid?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn or Bar Harbor Regency, looking for info

I'm sorry but I don't really know the answer to that question. Perhaps the motel reviews on tripadvisor might mention buildings and rooms. Or you could call The White House. President Obama, family, and Secret Service stayed them some years ago. I believe they stayed there for security reasons. One building has a flat roof that a helicopter could land on. Plus there is boat access from the property.

Edited: 9:14 am, May 15, 2013
6. Re: Holiday Inn or Bar Harbor Regency, looking for info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor