We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking in Bar Harbor

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Walking in Bar Harbor

OK, I thought I was all set. After much angst, I decided to go with an in-town B&B rather than the more appealing (to me) Inn at Bay Ledge.

I decided the ease of being able to walk places in the morning (sunrises), in the evening (sunsets) and at night (ice cream and street life) outweighed the wow factor of a view over the water and a romantic setting.

BUT now someone has posted how the Quimby House isn't really all the convenient -- a 10-block hike to ice cream, etc. In the end, the Quimby was booked for my dates and I chose the Holland Inn -- but it's not far from the Quimby on MapQuest and I imagine the same sort of hike would apply to them, too.

Can a Bar Harborite speak to this and let me know whether this location is indeed convenient enough? If we can't get around easily (without public transportation), I'd prefer to be out on the water ...

Thanks very much (you guys are great!)

Wells ME
Level Contributor
3 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Walking in Bar Harbor

Hi, we are celebrating our 25th anniversary and want to stay somewhere romantic in Bar Harbor the end of August that is within close walking distance to everything. I have read one review on here regarding the Ivy Manor that wasn't good and concern's me, has anyone stayed there who hasn't written a review? Or does anyone or a local know anything about the inn? It is pricey for us so we want to be sure we get our money's worth. We've heard wonderful things about the restaurant, but I'm just not sure those rooms are worth the fees charged for them, any comments? Please email me at martin5c@earthlink.net with any advice, thank you