We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Trail Riding

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Horse Trail Riding

I want to go horseback trail riding in Maine for my vacation, and I'm looking for a stable that offers horses for the trails and trails. My family and I will be staying around Southwest Harbor, and my best bet so far is Eochaidh Stables, in Hulls Cove, but I'm not sure if they offer horses and trails. The family consists of two daughters, 10 and thirteen, and two adults. Any suggestions? Or does anyone have more information about Eochaidh Stables?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Trail Riding

There aren't any horse trail operations on the island here. You can take a couple different carriage rides but no trail riding.

2. Re: Horse Trail Riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, May 20, 2013
Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Trail Riding

Carousel Horse Farm is over 3 1/2 hours from Acadia. If you are driving through Portland to reach Acadia, then they are an hour off your route. Just posting this because after reading the above post, I googled Carousel Horse Farm to see if I could bring my family there thinking it would only be an hour from Bar Harbor.

4. Re: Horse Trail Riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014