We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping early September

Ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Camping early September

We are planning a trip 9/7-9/15 and would like to tent camp at least 2 to 3 nights. Thinking of camping around Bar Harbor or ANP for a couple nights then again around Camden. Looking for private campgrounds that might offer electric sites and nice shower houses. Does anyone have any suggestions? and/or tips to camping September in Maine? How will the bugs be? Thanks

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,865 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping early September

I'm not a camper so I can't help with specifics. The single best (and well regarded) source is the Maine Camping Guide:

www.campmaine.com

It is organized by regions within the state, with tables comparing the characteristics of the campgrounds therein.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping early September

I really like Mt Desert Campground. It's privately owned with showers and electricity and it's right in the center of the island, close to everything.

3. Re: Camping early September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 21, 2013