We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maine and Prince Edward Island,ca

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monroe, New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Maine and Prince Edward Island,ca

My husband and I are planning a trip from NY to Maine for about 8 days in June. We enjoy driving to see natural beauty, but are getting too old for long hikes. Our destination is Bar Harbor and then on to price edward island. Any suggestions on things to see and places to stay?

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Maine and Prince Edward Island,ca

Melanie --

Notice that the above is your first Trip Advisor forums posting -- welcome to the Forums...

Would like to strongly suggest you start your own, separate posting for your question... you'll likely get more, and better, answers because anyone who has already seen, or responded to, the original question back in January and February aren't likely to still be checking it since the original traveler was going to be traveling in June....

And, if I read your question right, you're asking for info on roads to avoid between NJ and Maine as well as from Maine to Prince Edward Island? And for someplace to overnight between Bar Harbor and NJ (but probably outside Maine?) to break up the ride on the way home? Those two questions also introduce a totally different dymanic from the original question.

If I were looking for multi-state information, I'd probably post my question in the Maine forum, the New Hampshire and Massachusetts forums, and Trip Advisor's Road Trip Forum (which is designed for multi-state trips. Not really that hard to do -- just copy-and-paste....

To get to those forums, look at the top of this page, just above the original question.... You'll see a line of links -- Forums-Downeast Forums etc... Click on Forums, and when that opens, click on United States. Then you can scroll down to the individual state forums, click on the state(s) you want, and when that opens, click on the "Ask a Question" near the top of the page. Fill in a title for your question, paste your question into the box and click Submit -- then wait for the responses to roll in. To get to the Road Trip Forum, look on the right margin of any open forums page and find a box titled "Beyond Destination Forums",... click on it to open a list and look for the one called "Road Trip Forum" -- the folks there love working on multiple-state questions like yours.

A little work on your part, maybe, but I can guarantee you'll get more and better answers to your question that way than you will if you leave it buried at the end of a question that was originally asked over six months ago...

Monroe, New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Maine and Prince Edward Island,ca

We just did a trip from NY to Acadia to PEI with a stop in St. Martins NB,Ca. This was quick (only 9 days). You should REALLY stop in St. Martins. The Bay of Fundy should not be missed!!! You can get a great view of the caves and harbor with the boats on sand at low tide then in 6hrs the water in up again. The Bay of Fundy has the highest tides in the WORLD. While there plan on dinner at St. Martins Country Inn. The food is great and host Michelle is fabulous. The Inn was a beautiful place to stay but you don't have to stay there to go for dinner

13. Re: Maine and Prince Edward Island,ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:47 pm, July 09, 2013