We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who makes the best blueberry pie?

Sebago!
2 posts
Save Topic
Who makes the best blueberry pie?

I'm using blueberry pie for my wedding pie, where can I get the best one? I like a good crust!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who makes the best blueberry pie?

I think the pies at Poor Boy's are great. She has a side business called Cakes by Poor Boy's Gourmet where you can order one.

There is also a Pie Lady that sells pies out of her home (about 300 or more a day) and her blueberry pie is great. I'm not sure how to contact her. I'll have to find out and post it back here later.

Sebago!
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Who makes the best blueberry pie?

Thanks for your post! I found this in a chowhound blog...

"Okay, I was lucky enough last Friday (August 15) to get a blueberry pie from the new "Hobby Holly" Bakery on Main Street in Bar Harbor (see my previous post). This was the real deal. The filling was absolutely excellent and her crust was tasty and flaky on the top AND the bottom too - how does she do that? This has now surpassed Cottage Street Bakery and the best blueberry pie on Mount Desert Island. Salisbury Cove Pie lady's blueberry pie is minor league compared to this. The Hobby Holly bakery is a bit hard to find because it has a small sign - it's way up Main Street by Island Cards and Gifts and shares a sign and building with her husband's plumbing and heating business. But her pies are worth hunting down. A+"

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/533425

Have you seen the Hobby Holly Bakery?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who makes the best blueberry pie?

Yikes! How in the world does somebody manage to make THREE HUNDRED PIES PER DAY out of her HOME???? And then cart them off to sell????

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who makes the best blueberry pie?

Sorry, I've never seen Holly Hobby Bakery on Main Street but that doesn't mean it's not there. I also couldn't find any listing for it in the local phone book.

The Pie Lady sells the pies right out of her house and she's usually sold out by 3 pm!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who makes the best blueberry pie?

Well, that would mean that 40 or 50 people per hour are showing up at her house to buy pies, and that she's baking all night in about 8 ovens. 300 per day sounds really far-fetched to me.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who makes the best blueberry pie?

Re: the pie lady

Her reputation is widespread---people like Linda Greenlaw have written about her and her pies. I'm not sure of her complete schedule, but I do know that she is only open for business 4 or 5 days per week, which would give her more time to bake. How many of her pies end up in restaurants, I don't know.

It does sound like a lot of pies, but if she is set up to do it, including maybe having a few convection ovens, it could be doable.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Who makes the best blueberry pie?

What a great idea for a wedding cake! You should call Frances at the Quietside Cafe in Southwest Harbor. Best wishes!

8. Re: Who makes the best blueberry pie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 03, 2010