We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

We've narrowed our lodging choices to these three, and have read the feedback on this board, but are wondering of these three, which would those who are familiar with these places recommend?

We're particularly interested in:

1. clean

2. soft/comfy bed (my husband has trouble sleeping on a firm mattress)

3. relatively romantic (doesn't need to be out of control, but we're traveling to celebrate our 1st anniversary)

It would be great to hear any feedback (especially regarding staying at Two Cats--I can't find anything on this one).

Best wishes!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Correction: I meant Quimby House Inn, not Quimby Lodge.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
928 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Check out our review of Quimby Inn under this forum. We would recommend it with no hesitation. Great location and great innkeepers. The rooms were spacious and nicely appointed - romantic enough. We will definitely go back. If you book it I think you will be very happy.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Thank you!

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
451 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

I stayed at the Quimby Inn on July 22 this year and really liked it. I was on the 3rd floor(by choice) in a LARGE room that was very clean and beautifully decorated. The cherry furniture with the deep green & wine colors was very welcoming. Even though it was on the 3rd floor it was an easy up & down, either from the inside or the decks and stairs. I think this would be a great choice.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
50 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

My husband and I go back to Two Cats for breakfast every time we're in Bar Harbor. The first time we went we got the opportunity to peek into all 3 rooms and they are all lovely. Staff there has always been wonderful, but I have never stayed (we rent a cottage for the week). We would though, and maybe one of these trips we'll stay an extra day to do that.

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
910 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Ditto what Maynecourse said about breakfast at Two Cats. As a matter of fact, you can expect to find us there on Monday, September 12 around 7am. Am I lookin' forward to it? You betcha!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

For what you appear to want, I would agree with the others that Quimby is probably your best bet. Bar Harbor Grand is basically a hotel; the other two fit the B&B definition more closely.

Having had some less-than-optimum experiences with rooms above a restaurant, I would choose the Quimby Inn---and it's less than a block to Two Cats for breakfast, if you wish.

One more thing---Quimby Inn has an annex that faces a side street, rather than Cottage Street---those rooms might be more quiet, if that is an important factor

Maine
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

We just spent Labor Day weekend in Bar Harbor at the Mira Monte Inn-sorry it is not one of the 3 you mentioned,but very much what you want. Romantic (Victorian inn), comfy rooms, private baths, full homemade breakfasts included, very clean, too. You can check them out on their website-see all the rooms, pricing, other info. The place has beautiful gardens, patios, decks, and balconies. (Each room being unique!!)

1-800-553-5109

Good Luck

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

Congin wrote today re: Mira Monte. It is one of several B&Bs in the central part of the village; all are well thought of. The list of good B&Bs in Bar Harbor goes on and on...

Kennebunk, Maine
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two Cats Inn, Quimby Lodge, Bar Harbor Grand?

We had breakfast at Two Cats yesterday, and it was average. THe Inn was crowded for breakfast and had some funky music playing too loudly, the waitress had not changed her apron in a long time. There is also a small bar adjoining the dining room, could be prett ynoisy I would think. We liked Timmy B's next door for breakfast. We stayed at the Quimby Inn and loved it but the beds are firm. Perhaps they have rooms with softer beds, the place is excellent in all other respects. Great location! Romantic? Well, probably not. Have fun, Bar Harbor is great.