We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Accomodation

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough,UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Romantic Accomodation

Hi

We plan to visit Maine for 4 nights in September. I am looking for a romantic accomodation. I would like some where reasonable but in the same time not too cheap. It would be great to have good view. Any recommendations?

Many thanks

David and Ped

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
82 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Accomodation

Hi David and Ped,

I was just asking the same question a few days ago (if you read further down) for my September honeymoon. I was told for romantic, consider going to the 'quiet side of the island'. It was recommended to me to check out Kingsleigh Inn, Lindenwood Inn, and the Claremont Hotel which are all in Southwest Harbor (about 10 minutes from Bar Harbor). Based on many phone calls and emails, I've been told that Bar Harbor has become very touristy and quite busy. I ended up choosing the Claremont. However, I did talk with the innkeeper ath Kingsleigh and she was very nice and helpful. The only reason I didn't choose them is because I wanted to be right on the water, so I'm hoping I made a good choice!

If you want to stay right in Bar Harbor, I know the Ullikana is on the water, and have been told is very nice and has great breakfasts, but it is also very pricey ($185 - 300/night).

I know I haven't been to Desert Island yet, but I thought I'd share what I've been told. Hope it helps.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
82 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Accomodation

I forgot to mention, if you do a search, all of the above inns have websites. Cheers!

Middlesbrough,UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Accomodation

Thanks Donna

I will check the websites!

Middlesbrough,UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Accomodation

Hi

We just booked Lindenwood Inn. There are quite a few good feedback in tripadvisor. Thanks very much for your help.

David and Ped

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
82 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Accomodation

Great to hear, and I hope you enjoy your stay. I know I'm looking forward to our three nights on Desert Island (9/15-9/18).

Have a wonderful weekend!

Donny

Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor