We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Llangolan Inn

HCD
Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Llangolan Inn

Hi there...

Would anyone have any info on Llangolan Inn?

http://www.acadia.net/llangolan

Thank-you!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Llangolan Inn

I travel a good bit to Acadia & I drive by these cottages all the time. I have never stayed there.

I am often looking for budget accommodations in the area, but this is one place where I never stopped to inquire about rates.

First of all, it is not at all conveniently located--to do anything in Acadia or to find a place to eat, you'll have to get in the car and drive ten minutes.

Second, the cottages look dumpy (small, rustic, not very modern) from the outside.

Finally, the Inn is located on Route 3 in a stretch where traffic is flying at 50 mph or more. If you are sleeping with windows open -- if your room has no air conditioning -- you will probably get a whole lot of road noise.

The rates look really cheap for Bar Harbor. I would be afraid of "you get what you pay for."

A bit of trivia: the name of these cottages inspired the title of the 1995 Stephen King movie "The Langoliers."

Geneva New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Llangolan Inn

I just got back from vacationing in Bar Harbor and I remember seeing this place as I was traveling by. I have to agree with the other response. I would have to place this as an absoulate last resort. Didn't even look as if it was really open although I knew it was.

Oxfordshire, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Llangolan Inn

My husband and I stayed at the Llangolan Inn for 4 nights in Aug 2005. It was approximately $80 per night (because we had a private bath). Breakfast is basic but nice. Road noise is an issue but we were used to it after one night. There is now a shuttle van that travels to Bar Harbor and Acadia and you can catch it nearby so this may be a good option even if you don't have a car. If you have a car it's really convenient to everything. I don't know about the cabins...

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Llangolan Inn

If you want a cabin and don't mind sharing a bath house... look at the campgrounds that have cabins available. Smugglers Den, and Quietside both have them. They are both one the SW Harbor side of the island. Smugglers you have to rent for a week, and quietside by the night. I've stayed at Quietside and LOVED it! It's on the Explorer route and close enought to the ocean to have the ocean breezes (definatley no traffic noise as it is out of the busy areas). The Beds were SUPER comfy. Just bring a pillow and sleeping bag (or blankees). The baths were very clean and it was a great quiet place to stay and the owner was great!