We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting to Maine (Bar harbour /Acadia National Park)

merrimack
2 posts
Save Topic
Visiting to Maine (Bar harbour /Acadia National Park)

I would like to visit Maine, particularly Bar Harbor/Acadia National PArk . Can anyone give me points of interest beach, site seeing places . I want to go to Nova Scotia for a day .

We are planning to start on July 2nd at 5am from Nashua ,NH and cover Bar harbour on same day . And July 3rd take a Cat Ferry at 8am and be back at 11.30 pm . July 4th go to Acadia PNational Park and head home at 5pm from Maine to Nashua ,NH. Can you please guide me what are important site seeing places . Thank you very much.

merrimack
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Visiting to Maine (Bar harbour /Acadia National Park)

Hi all,

Thank you very much for sharing your moments. Time is approaching, I am excited to go for this weekend to Acadia. I will be staying in Bar harbor .

I was told Bar harbor has beautiful places to visit .

We will be taking CAT ferry on Sunday July 3rd .And will go to Nova Scotia and come back on the same day. We might only visit Yarmouth.

I know ,I wont be seeing lot of places in this trip. If you have in mind the best places, which I shouldn't miss. Please give me list. So, I can cover them first. Thank you for all your help.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visiting to Maine (Bar harbour /Acadia National Park)

Start at the ANP Visitors' Center in Hull's Cove. See the film about the history of Acadia.

Pick up a copy of the Beaver Log (free). Sign up for a ranger-led actitivity (hike, boat ride, carriage path walk).

Get the tape that goes with the drive on the Park Loop Road. That drive will take you to a whole bunch of neat places. Stop often. Allocate a half day to the drive.

Visit other places on the island: Northeast Harbor, the Bass Harbor Headlight, Bernard.

See the sun rise or set from the top of Cadillac Mountain.

Go to the Jordan Pond House for pop-overs.

Take at least one hike, even if it's a fairly simply one like The Bubbles, Jordan Pond, Beech Mountain.

At one point go somewhere remote away from the crowds and just sit and look at all the beauty around you.

Eat lobster, preferrably at Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound or Thurston's in Tremont.

Have fun, chill out. :)

New Jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Visiting to Maine (Bar harbour /Acadia National Park)

The best walk to take the is not strenuous, is the trail around Jordan Pond. It is a 3 mile walk around the pond and it is really beautiful. Also having lunch at the Jordan Pond house is a nice experience. The ocean pathway walk near Sand Beach is beautiful also. Down at the Sand Beach their is a trail that goes up the mountain. It ' s call the highpoint trail. It is not a difficult trail but gives good views of the ocean and Sand beach.

Have a great trip.