We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanting to go to Bar Harbor oct. 5-8th

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
douglasville, GA
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wanting to go to Bar Harbor oct. 5-8th

It would be our first New England trip (we are from Georgia). I am not sure what I am asking, but is this a good place for a weekend to see some leaves, some shoreline, and get a taste of Maine?

Any better Ideas? Any suggestions on places to stay? We are investigating it but would need to make reservations soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanting to go to Bar Harbor oct. 5-8th

This is a great time to see Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, and the coast of Maine. The fall foliage should be almost at peak. However, that is a holiday weekend in New England. It is both Columbus Day weekend and Canadian Thanksgiving. If you act now, you should be able to get a reservation. I see that the Hearthside Inn, a nice nine bedroom B&B right in the village, is already full for that Friday and Saturday night. But you could take a look at www.sleepbarharbor.com for a choice of other inns.

There is also the Bar Harbor Inn and the Harborside Inn which are large, luxury hotels on the water in Bar Harbor. There is Wonderview, an older motel high up on a hillside just outside of the village. And many, many other choices.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanting to go to Bar Harbor oct. 5-8th

I would highly recommend the Coach Stop Inn, if there's still availability. The hosts are wonderful and you'll live for their breakfasts. Try to get one of the rooms in the main house (as opposed to one off the back) if possible. I stayed there this same weekend two years ago and timing was just right in terms of seeing the foliage.

http://www.coachstopinn.com/

Belmont...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanting to go to Bar Harbor oct. 5-8th

Definitely a great time to get to Bar Harbor!

Another great B&B option is the Holland Inn. Unbelievable breakfasts and knowledgeable hosts who can point you in any direction for any activity.

Great location also as you can walk everywhere in town and drive 5 min to the park.

Barnesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
819 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wanting to go to Bar Harbor oct. 5-8th

You might want to delay until after the Columbus Day weekend for easier accommodations and less crowds at sights. If you consider NH or VT you will probably have crowds throughout Oct.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wanting to go to Bar Harbor oct. 5-8th

If it's a special occasion stay at the Blue Nose Inn - but ask for a hotel room not a motel room - we stayed there in August and were very pleased. A bit quiet during the evening but if you've had a busy, active day - who worries about that! Have a great trip.

6. Re: Wanting to go to Bar Harbor oct. 5-8th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 08, 2009