We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn recommendations in Northeast Harbor

Evanston, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Inn recommendations in Northeast Harbor

We are looking for an elegant place to stay with wonderful (even spectacular) homemade breakfast. I'm considering Maison Suisse for its charm and location but am wondering about the breakfast "across the road" at a bakery. Has anyone stayed there and/or have an alternative recommendations? Would greatly appreciate any advice.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn recommendations in Northeast Harbor

The breakfast would certainly not be spectacular. You could try the Asticou Inn. Beautiful location, good dining room, long lawn to the water. The charm of an older wooden hotel.

Evanston, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn recommendations in Northeast Harbor

Asticou looks lovely but I was hoping for something smaller with a homey feel to it. Are you familiar with Grey Rock Inn?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn recommendations in Northeast Harbor

I know that the location of Grey Rock Inn is quite nice. But I don't really know much about it. The fact that it is in the Select Registry speaks well for it.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn recommendations in Northeast Harbor

The Asticou has the main hotel and some outer cottages. Maybe the outter cottages could meet your need for the homey feel? It's a lovely property, very classic old Maine.

5. Re: Inn recommendations in Northeast Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 04, 2009