We're planning a week in Bar Harbor the last week in June with our 2 children. I just have a few questions:
- Can anyone recommend some good activities to do with the kids? They like tidal pools...where can we find some of these? If it rains, is there a good place to go with the kids?
- Which hikes are short/easy enough for children?
- Is there any area on MDI that is better to stay with kids (easy access to groceries, etc,)? Somesville? Southwest Harbor? BH?
- We are currently interested in a cottage on Highbrook Rd. Is that a convenient area? What is the traffic like at the end of June?
- What are some good family-friendly restaurants?
- Can anyone recommend a good guidebook for visiting Acadia with children? The book that I have for Maine doesn't have much info about travelling with children.
Thank you so much for your help!