We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

Which Tamuning hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
109 reviews
Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

Hi !

I am thinking of bringing our children to Guam for a 5 or 6 days vacation in August. We're flying from Hong Kong.

We always plan Thailand, Malaysia, or Singapore.

Never been to Guam

Can anyone tell me if the Sheraton Hotel is opened, and is it fully completed? If so, is it good for family with young children?

We are hoping for a place that has nice beach, nice weather, and things to see and shop around the hotel, a nice pool with slides for the kids, and good dining options!

Is GUAM a nice place for a sun/beach vacation for families?

Thanks!

Hongkong
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

Hi, Not fully opened yet. No beach, far away from Tumon Bay but is a very nice decorated hotel with all the 5 stars hotel facility. Far away from downtown, location is really an issue. Very inconvenience in transportation.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
109 reviews
2. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

Thanks.

Seeing you're based in HK too... you have been to Guam? You think it's a good place for HK people's taste? (we're canadians, but getting cultured to HK ...)

Just want a place with nice beach and sun and fun and shopping and safe food. (Lots to ask for!).

Which hotel would you recommend? My husband and I hate dingy old, out of date/style decor hotels.

Thanks.

Hongkong
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

Yes, I been to Guam. To me, best area is Tumon, tourist area...busy...and you can enjoy the beach and everything there...lot of Japanese...

If budget allowed, Hyatt is the best choice. Guam is a good place with very good atmosphere. If you like somewhere quiet, good swimming pool, Sheraton will be a good choice as well. There is a special offer now and can save some money. Hotel is new and modern, just can't enjoy the beach but you can enjoy their infinity pool.

Apart from Hyatt in Tumon Bay, the other that I recommend will be Hilton or PIC. Marriot is a bit old...not that deluxe but atmosphere is good...

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

thanks for your advice.

My friend and I were discussing about Guam, he mentioned that BEING in Guam, it's quite expensive to spend a week there b/c everything is in USD. Which I guess, makes sense.

Have you been to Koh Samui? Which would you choose Guam or KS for a getaway with young children ?

Hongkong
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

Hi,

Koh Samui is a very nice place. However, both area are of different atmosphere and is depending on what your perfer.

Koh Samui is of Thai hospitality. Everything is good, nice and cheap. Last time, I stay at the new hotel - Library. For an adult, it is very suitable and is very relax but it may not be good for kids.

For me, I like Koh Samui.

Guam, USA
Level Contributor
415 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

Hafa Adai!

The Tumon hotels that have been suggestions are great ones. Furthermore you might want to consider Outrigger and Westin, which are also very good. Outrigger is right in the center of everything and is connected to the Underwater World if your children would like to visit the large aquarium.

Sheraton is also very nice but in more of a secluded area.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Hongkong
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

I passed Sheraton Guam hotel before.

I would really like to know the transportation for Sheraton.

Is there only Lam Lam bus only ?

Do you know they offer any free shuttle bus service to downtown ?

Guam, USA
Level Contributor
415 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

Unfortunately there is no such thing as free in this world, however the red trolley bus picks up tourists from the Sheraton, goes to the shopping centers and through Tumon, and is inexpensive. Fun to ride on too because it's open air. This could be your solution!

Hongkong
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

A hotel without beach, no atmosphere of sunshine, and not romance, no matter how luxury it is inside, it is meaningless. It is just same as those 5 stars in a city. If going to city, what is the reason of going to Guam ?? Sheraton will not be of my choice.

Guam, USA
Level Contributor
415 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Sheraton Laguna Guam- please help Zerk?

I think it is a bit extreme to say that there is no atmosphere of sunshine and no romance. Have you seen the sunsets from the lagoon area? Can't really beat them. It's OK to have personal preferences, but I think you might be pushing it to a bit of an extreme.

Get answers to your questions about Tamuning