We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chamorro Village

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Chamorro Village

Open every day for souvenir shopping & lots of small eateries--but the best time is Wednesday or Friday nights, when they have outdoor market, entertainment, and local barbecue. Then it is the happening place, fun for locals and tourists alike, with yummy, authentic Chamorro food at very reasonable prices. You'll love it!

leon valley, tx
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chamorro Village

Describe some Chamorro food stuffs.

leon valley, tx
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chamorro Village

TUBA< TUBA< TUBA. Nectar of the gods.

Bananna cooked in coconut milk

Taro root and Breadfruit roasted on a fire.

Fresh Turtle meat w/ hot Soy Sauce spiced with lime juice

COconut crab salad

Boiled fruit bat

small fish grilled on charcoal with rice.

wild mangos

Beautiful women.

Guam
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Chamorro Village

I agree with everything but: the Turtle and Fruit Bat... I think you threw that in to stimulate reactions of sort. You forgot to add that the aforementioned species are listed as Endangered by both Local and Federal Govts. of course, you knew that! =)

stl
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chamorro Village

is the Chamorro village the old farmers market? it's been 20+ years since i was on island, I lived at the Chamorro gardens apts. in Mong Mong, my mother danced at Club Yobo

Guam USA
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chamorro Village

The Chamorro Village IS located on the site of the old Farmer's Market and has a host of great restaurants inside, specializing in a variety of different cuisines, from local food, Italian, and even Jamaican! The CV is open every day, but a really great time to go is on Wednesday nights. That is the big night of the week and there will be entertainment, additional booths of arts & crafts, rides, and heaps of good food!

For the record, some authentic Chamorro foods would include kelaguen (which can be either chicken, beef, fish, shrimp, or octopus - all are yummy! Kelaguen is hard to describe, but probably one of the best tasting Chamorro dishes, hands down!!!), Chamorro style BBQ is also delicious and unique tasting, there is also hungan sunni (this is spinach prepared with coconut milk & ginger), red rice, pancit (okay, so this is Filipino, we can still appreciate it), and shrimp patties. To sum it up, many of us have weight problems here and its definitely not because the food is no good!!!!

6. Re: Chamorro Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 24, 2009