We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makaha Beach Cabanas

Garrettsville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Makaha Beach Cabanas

I am looking into renting a unit at the Makaha Beach Cabanas and understand they are mostly privately owned. My query is how can I be sure who I am renting from is a legitimate condo owner? I have had great communication through email with this person, but anyone can start a website and take pictures. I would like some sort of verification before placing a deposit and am not sure how to obtain it. It's sad to be so wary.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makaha Beach Cabanas

Are you familiar with this location? I saw one web-site that says these condo's are for monthly rentals. In other words, 30 days or more. Is this what your owner is saying? It's not sad to be so wary, this is a good thing!!

Garrettsville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makaha Beach Cabanas

Mahalo for your response! Yes, I am looking for a 1 month stay. I have seen some reviews on the property and it is listed in the Oahu Revealed book, and I realize the units are individually owned and just want to verify somehow this person really owns this one.

Grass Valley...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makaha Beach Cabanas

I just stayed at Makaha Beach Cabanas last week. Rented from an owner for 10 days. Connected through a mutual friend. Can supply owner info if you'd like.

Lovely condo right on the beach, but I'd swim at Wainae Bay as the shore break at the condos is steep. Plenty of SUP and swimmers out there, but a bit rough for me. Gorgeous beach.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,808 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makaha Beach Cabanas

Aloha,

The OP posted this more than a year ago, and never re-visited the thread. I think she's come and gone.................

5. Re: Makaha Beach Cabanas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, February 12, 2017