We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a shorter PCC option

Maryland
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a shorter PCC option

Arriving in August 2008 with friends for a cruise. The last couple arrives about 3pm the night before we sail. Would love to see the PCC shows & canoe ceremony but the transportation leaves at 10:30 in the morning.

Any suggestions????

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a shorter PCC option

Are you thinking about going to PCC early on the day that your cruise ship departs?

Forget it.

The shows in the seven villages & the canoe pageant are nice. But the canoe pageant is from 2:30-3pm.

PCC is about an hour away Honolulu & it isn't justified to drive an hour there & an hour back just for the day shows/activities.

If you can't stay for 'Horizons' then just wait until a different trip to Hawaii to go to PCC.

See a luau on one of the other islands.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a shorter PCC option

Maryland .... another option is to do a post tour after your cruise. Check with the conceirge on board before embarking (Friday). I believe they offer a Circle Island and a separate PCC tour after the ship docks. This only if you have a late night flight out of Honolulu. NCL will hold your luggage at the port. Not sure if they still do the transfer with the same bus that took you on the tour, but, if they do, you can't beat the deal.

Other option is to hire a private driver to take you there. This might be the best way to do PCC if you want to tour the day you cruise. Start early, be there when PCC opens (noon time), see the 7 villages and the canoe pageant before departing for the pier. Might just be as cheap with four share the tariff compare with paying to do the Circle Island Tour x 4.

Hope this helps .....

Good luck ....

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,641 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a shorter PCC option

I got your PM about departing the following day.

My recommendation is still the same. If you cannot stay for PCC's evening show, 'Horizons', I don't think it is worth driving and hour there & back just to see the daytime shows. It is 'Horizons' that really makes PCC better than any other show.

PCC does have an evening package which includes the Ali'i Luau (5pm) and 'Horizons. So you could rent a car & make it for the evening shows. You can enter the park after 4pm.

Contact them on their site if you want info about the evening package:

www.polynesia.com

or

1-800-367-7060

But there is so much to do in Honolulu that I think considering that you will be on Oahu only a short time, that you can see much of Honolulu or do a driving tour in the day or so that you are on Oahu. If you go to USS Arizona Memorial, that will take about 3 hours.

The cruise ship departs on Saturdays. So that means you will be in Honolulu on Friday.

Hilton Hawaiian Village has a decent free Polynesian show on Friday nights with fireworks after. If you want poolside seats for the show, then there is a one drink minimum.

See a luau on a different island.

4. Re: Is there a shorter PCC option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 21, 2009