We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Lemont, Illinois...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Oahu Food questions

Couple of questions. We are staying at Aulani.

When we went to St. John USVI we were told that we could pack and check a soft-sided cooler with meats and other frozen items. People said to do it because meat and stuff like that was crazy expensive. So we thought maybe we would do the same for this trip to Hawaii since we have a kitchen. Breakfast and maybe 1 extra meal per day on our own. Also believe Aulani has BBQ grills for guests to use.

When we went to Maui years ago we found neat the middle of the island in the harbor a store that sold awesome Tuna Salad. We would purchase some and picnic on the beach with it. Any suggestions for places to get awesome freshly made Tuna Salad. There has to be someplace.

Thanks

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,621 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Oahu Food questions

I would not sweat it! St. John is a particular place with very high prices that aren't even comparable to the other USVIs - at least not beautiful St. Croix, where I love the local produce, local beef, and $8.00/lb spiny lobster.

While you will find dairy and eggs pricy on the Hawaiian islands, you can go to any grocery store there and try some interesting, Hawaiian style goodies. I really like FoodTown grocery stores on Hawaii, where you should be able to get your tuna salad. Try some poke while there, I can't believe I ever lived without it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_(Hawaii)

Camarillo...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oahu Food questions

Could someone provide good local food places near Aulani? We will be there for a whole weekend in April, and I'd like to know if there's a good local place, plate lunch type spot nearby.

Thanks!

13. Re: Oahu Food questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:10 pm, March 17, 2014
Edited: 5:10 pm, March 17, 2014
@
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Oahu Food questions

I think there's a Top Q. on that.

If not, I know I saw a thread on the subject.

Edited: 5:09 pm, March 17, 2014
15. Re: Oahu Food questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 19, 2015