We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

Level Contributor
485 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

Just noticed that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor ahead of Marriott!

Been reading the comments for a few months ago. Thought that Aulani was #2(didn't matter to me)but this is INTERESTING!

WAY TO GO DISNEY AULANI RESORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited to experience our DVC in Hawaii end of May! Cannot wait to celebrate our youngest sons High School Graduation and our "31st" Wedding Anniversary! Two awesome reasons to Celebrate!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

We walked through the Aulani when it first opened. It is very nice. I would love to stay there for a day or two as well. Maybe one day when we win the lottery. DH bought an Aulani ball cap though, and wears it all the time :)

Edited: 1:18 pm, January 05, 2014
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,658 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

This old topic, that was misleading when first posted, was restarted by a post that misses the point of why some people try to steer people away from Aulani.

Typically a poster lists 10 activities they want to do, 9 of which are within 5 miles of Waikiki and then say they are thinking of staying at Aulani. It would be irresponsible of a Destination Expert for Oahu to not point out why that might be a bad idea with the awful traffic coming into Honolulu proper. Oh, and half the time they don't want to rent a car.

Aulani is not a great location for someone without a car unless they are ready to eat most of their meals onsite in the hotels. It is not a great location for someone's first trip to Oahu if they want to experience the typical Oahu sights.

What Aulani is great for is DVC members, people who've been to Oahu before and want a "getaway" location, people who want the FL resort pool experience. It isn't for everybody, especially given the prices, but those who do want to go there, who have never been to Oahu before, need to understand how the hotel fits in with their overall vacation.

As to clint1583, I'd encourage you to remove your post #44. I've already reported it and hope others do too.

It is a very clear violation of TripAdvisor posting guidelines on several points. Here are the guidelines for your review.

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200613647-Forum-Gu…

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,241 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

Thanks, Scott.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

Aloha,

Thanks for posting the guidelines, Scott. I had never taken a look at them, but did find it interesting that there were to be no "snarky" or "sarcastic" comments since I have seen that kind of thing happen not infrequently. Good to know, and I will certainly know to report those who seem to delight in doing just that.

I love the folks on the Hawaii forums and have personally met a few while on Maui. LOVELY, helpful folks, and the thing I love about the TA forums is that it is a WEALTH of information, and there is a great camaraderie for those of us who have a deep love for the islands & people of Hawaii.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,658 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

Southerngirl528, I think every forum has its own vibe and the people who post on them have different tolerance levels. What might be seen as snarky or sarcastic in a Maui forum might not be on a different one and if they eliminated every snarky and sarcastic comments in the Las Vegas forum there wouldn't be any comments at all, but the people in the LV forum love the rough and tumble of it, it is just a free for all.

You wanna fire up the Maui forum, ask where its better to stay, South Maui or West Maui :)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

Well Scott, I can certainly personally attest to what you say about different forums having different vibes. But I was not expecting it when it happened. And I love it when the debate about West vs. South comes up! Of course, as you state, on the Maui forum it is generally quite civilized, which I love! LOL! Perhaps we can start an Upcountry vs. Makai? On Maui, it's ALL good in my experience! :-)

Thanks for all your great posts, Scott. I've been a Maui forum fan since '08, and I LOVE it!!

67. Re: Notice that Disney Aulani Resort moved to #1 on Trip Advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 07, 2015