We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aulani Resort

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Aulani Resort

Hi. i have a few questions.....

1. Are there any princesses at the hotel?

2. There are five of us staying (2a 3,5,6) what type of room do you suggest?

3. How long should we stay. We are coming from Australia to do some shopping and get a bit of the Disney expreience. My husband does like sitting by the pool he would rather play golf.

Thanks in advance i love these forums.......

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aulani Resort

How many nights will you have in total? We can only answer the "how long" question if you have an idea of your length of stay. Ko'Olina is isolated. You will have a car, yes?

When do you plan to travel?

You would need to contact Aulani to find out which characters are out when. The character breakfast may be what you want.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,607 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aulani Resort

1. Yes, which ones depends on the day.

…go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/…

2. Depending on how long you do stay a villa would be nice, but other than that you have to go for a suite of some kind, the standard rooms are for a max of four people.

…go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/…

3. How long is the total nights you have on Oahu? I'd do no more than 1/3 of your time at Aulani if you want to see other sights on Oahu and especially if you will not have a car. So if you have 8 nights on Oahu, I'd do no more than 3 nights at Aulani.

Consider asking the question in the "all Disney, all the time" forums at DisBoards.com

www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187

Not only would it be good for this trip, but it is a great resource for WDW and Disneyland too.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aulani Resort

From memory there are no Disney princesses (at least there weren't last April / May).

We had a two bedroom villa for our family - 2 adults, 6yo, 4yo, 2yo. There is a king bed in one room, two queen beds in the other bed room, in the lounge there is a double sofa bed as well as a single bed arm chair. We had the youngest in the lounge room, the other two in the second bedroom and us in the main room. There were tvs in every room as well as a bathroom / separate toilet in each section so no-one disturbed anyone else.

There is a golf course at Ko Olina but you would need to see if they allow guest visits.

A car is pretty much a must - Aulani is approx 30mins from Waikiki. About 10mins up the road is a pretty good size shopping area - Walmart, Kmart, Target, Costco as well as lots of chain restaurants - Denny's, McDonalds, Outback Steakhouse, Chilis etc.

The next time we go I would stock up on breakfast and lunch items in the kitchen and solely eat out at dinner time. The restaurants on site are nice but there are only so many times you can eat the same meal for lunch and dinner.

Kids club was brilliant - this was the only time our kids have ever ever been left in someone else's care outside of their school or our family. They adored it.

Beach is more a lagoon, absolutely no waves which is great for kids. Pools and slides along with lazy river ride were a big hit with our kids.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aulani Resort

Oh and don't go thinking you are in for a really over the top Disney experience - it is very subtle and minimalistic. Other then the characters visiting, pretty much the Disney side is downplayed. We took our kids there in April / May then in September went to Disneyland in Anaheim - two completely different experiences. At Aulani it is pretty much "hidden Mickey" motifs in the decorations.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aulani Resort

I just got back from a 7 day stay and in my opinion that was a little too long. I would suggest maybe 3 to 5 days. There weren't enough unique dining experiences for those 6 nights. And it was crazy expensive.

I am glad that I went. Had a great time. I saw no princesses, only Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, Chip, Goofy, Donald and Dale.

Maryland, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aulani Resort

Ditto with what misterb00 said. We did it for 3 nights at the end of our Hawaii trip to just relax after 7 nights of going all over Oahu and it worked out really well. Three nights was more than enough for us (w/ kids aged 8 and 10).

There is a little strip mall across the street that was a much cheaper place to eat so we did dinner there each night.

7. Re: Aulani Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2014