We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Aulani have beachfront rooms?

Which Kapolei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Does Aulani have beachfront rooms?

Does anyone know if Aulani has beachfront rooms?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Aulani have beachfront rooms?

Do you mean beach front as in walk out your door and step in the sand or straight on views of the ocean?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,519 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Aulani have beachfront rooms?

Here is a map of the area.

Aulani will have ocean views.

But it is kind of behind Lagoon #1.

I suppose it is beachfront as the lagoon beaches are part of the area.

There is a sidewalk that runs the entire length of the lagoons.

I have not stayed in any of the hotels or condos in the area.

But we did walk the entire length of the lagoons & the boat harbor one day. I was quite impressed with the area.

From what we could see, Aulani is a really nice resort.

www.koolina.com/explore/interactive-map

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Aulani have beachfront rooms?

We stayed in the Ihilani and while the rooms were not what I was expecting, I loved the location, the lagoons and the beach walk. I am going to stay in the Aulani one day before we transfer.

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Aulani have beachfront rooms?

Of course we would love to step out of room an onto the sand, but I wasn't expecting that. I would like to know if you can reserve an unobstructed view of the beach ocean - not just a partial...I will look at the map (thank you for the link).

Blessings!

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Aulani have beachfront rooms?

In Hawaii Oceanfront means you should be able to see sand to water unobstrucuted from your room area.

Ocean view means an unobstrucuted view but you might have to be out on the balcony to get the full view

Partial Ocean means you will see some water but are partially blocked.

Most rooms in Oahu are Ocean View because they tend to put the buildings more perpinducluar to optimize space. Ocean fronts are usually on the end of a tower and the best rooms.

I am not sure what Aulani offers, but all hawaii hotels have the same type categories

Edited: 10:41 am, December 28, 2011
6. Re: Does Aulani have beachfront rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, January 18, 2013