We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better Tower vs Lock-Off Room vs Non-Lock Off Room...HELP!!!

san francisco
10 posts
Save Topic
Better Tower vs Lock-Off Room vs Non-Lock Off Room...HELP!!!

Hi,

I'm traveling with my wife and her Mom and brother. We got a 2 bedroom non-lock off room. We bought the room from an owner, so I'm assuming we are owners as well.

I called and requested for lock-off. The front desk said she will put the request and it may be easy as everyone wants the newer tower, but is non-lock off. She said I have a good chance of lock-off, but will be in the older and further from beach tower. Is that true?

Also, I have a few more questions...

1. I understand non-lock offs are in the newer tower and there is only 1 lock-off on each floor of the newer tower. What are the chances of gettin a lock-off on the newer tower?

2. Does anyone have a layout of the lock-off room vs non-lock off room?

3. Which would you prefer? Is main area of non-lock room off nicer?

4. In non-lock off, is there a master bedroom and a guest room? Of course, I want the master bedroom with nice bathroom!!!

I think I have more questions, but I don't want to scare people away from answering me! Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,045 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better Tower vs Lock-Off Room vs Non-Lock Off Room...HELP!!!

And you are staying where ...?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Better Tower vs Lock-Off Room vs Non-Lock Off Room...HELP!!!

OK!? Which island? Which resort? I'm guessing Ko'Olina? Mind reading is really NOT in our requirements! Honest!

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better Tower vs Lock-Off Room vs Non-Lock Off Room...HELP!!!

I'm going to assume you mean the Marriott at Ko Olina. If you don't, then read further. The newer tower at Ko Olina the Naia has non-lockoff two bedroom units. The older towers do no. The difference is that the non-lockoffs don't have a mini kitchen and down to the hall way in the second bedroom. The result is that the closet for room 2 at the far end where the door to the hallway should have been and therefore the living are in room 2 is larger. Much nicer if you don't need a separate enterance for the people occupying BR 2. The Marriott website won't open the floor plans right now but you can check again at

marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/ma…

If you can't get it to work, PM me with your private email address and I'll cut and paste a floor plan for you.

The newer building is closer to the ocean and has a nice pool. It's more important to get a high floor for a better view. The masterbed/bath is no differrent between the two. If you want a lockoff you will probably land in one of the other buildings which have recently been upgraded.

Since you rented directly from an owner you will be treated as the owner and not have to pay for self-parking. Let me know if you have any other questions. BTW...did you rent an ocean or island view. Higher is always better on the ocean views...

san francisco
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Better Tower vs Lock-Off Room vs Non-Lock Off Room...HELP!!!

Sorry all...thought tripadvisor links the forum from where I came from.

To help, yes, the location is the Marriott Ko Olina.

5. Re: Better Tower vs Lock-Off Room vs Non-Lock Off Room...HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 25, 2012